Janshai Meadows is located at the elevation of 2796 m (91732 feet) in the north of the kalam region of Swat. The total one-way distance to Janshai Meadows from the Kalam town is approximately 13 Km (8 miles). The final 3 hours of this journey from Blue Water Point to Janshai Meadows is via trekking through beautiful mountains, lush green jungles, and breathtaking meadows.
Table of Contents
The Popularity of Janshai Meadows
Janshai Meadows is famous for its breathtaking landscape and wildlife. In comparison to other tourist attractions in Swat, the meadows of Janshai are less spoiled because being accessible via trekking only.
The Meadows of Janshai is full of flowers and colors in the summer and covered in white snow in the winter. This place is famous but is visited by adventure tourists only.
Trekking to Janshai Meadows
Trekking to Janshai Meadows is the best way to explore the hidden beauty of Swat and to make a direct connection with nature. Although The 3 hours of one-way trekking to Janshai Meadows is not entirely a difficult task for a healthy person, it is important to be physically fit and well equipped for your journey.
From the Kalam main town center to the Blue Water Point is a 10.5 km (6.5 miles) journey which can be done preferably via a 4×4 vehicle. On a good day, a one-way tracking time from Blue Water Point to Janshai Meadows is approximately 3 hours. The Trekking to Janshai Meadows may vary from person to person and can also be dependent on the weather of the day.
Janshai Meadows Trekking Map
Do’s and Don’ts for Janshai Meadows Trekking
- Trek only if you are mentally and physically fit for it.
- Take adequate trekking gear with you.
- Take some food and water with you.
- Take a local guide with you, the trekking route to Janshai Meadows is not straightforward.
- Start your trekking early in the morning so that you come back in the daylight.
- Don’t trek alone.
- Don’t trek in bad weather, extreme winter, or heavy snowfall.
- Avoid staying overnight in Janshai Meadows unless you are well equipped.
- Don’t take children under 18 on trekking to Janshai Meadows.
Hotels and Accommodation in Janshai Meadows
Currently, there are no arrangements for Hotels or other accommodation in Janshai Meadows. Self camping is the only option of accommodation in Janshai Meadows which you take your own gear and prepare your own food. The self camping option can be tricky and is recommended for experienced treks and skillful camping and adventure enthusiasts.