Adequate travel insurance for Pakistan will cover you from any unforeseen losses or damages incurred while you are traveling to Pakistan or touring domestically within Pakistan. Depending on your travel plan to Pakistan, if you choose a basic insurance policy it generally will cover your emergency medical expenses while in Pakistan. However, comprehensive travel insurance for Pakistan will typically include coverage for trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight delays, public liability, and other expenses.
Pakistan Travel Insurance
Is Travel Insurance Compulsory for Pakistan?
Travel insurance is not a must-have requirement from the Government when you apply for your tourist visa for Pakistan. However, it is highly recommended that you get adequate cover for your travel. Like elsewhere, things may go wrong in Pakistan and sometimes the cost may be so high that it’s worth to get decent insurance for your trip to Pakistan.
Why Take Out Travel Insurance For My Trip to Pakistan?
Travel insurance can protect you against the following things going wrong:
- canceling or cutting short your trip for reasons beyond your control
- missed transport or delayed departure for reasons beyond your control
- medical and other emergencies
- personal injury and death
- lost, stolen or damaged items, including baggage, passports, and money
- accidental damage or injury caused by you.
If you don’t have travel insurance you will have to pay out of your own pocket to deal with a problem while you’re away. Or you may lose money if you have to cancel a trip and can’t get your money back. This could cost you thousands of pounds.
What Factors to Consider When Buying Insurance for Pakistan?
- It’s important to get the right type of cover for your needs. Think about:
- apart from your usual holidays or travel to Pakistan, you might participate in other exciting activities for example skiing or winter sports in Swat. This might need extra medical cover.
- how old you are. Travel insurance can cost more if you’re over 65. There are special policies for older travelers which may be worth looking at
- how often you travel. If you go away several times a year, it may be better to buy an annual travel policy rather than several single-trip policies
- whether you’re traveling independently or on a package holiday. Package holidays usually offer you greater protection if things go wrong with transport or accommodation so you may not need to make a claim on your travel insurance
- how you’re traveling. Cruises and budget airline flights may not be covered by some insurance policies.
What Cover Should Travel Insurance Include?
Your travel insurance should always include the following cover:
- medical expenses and cover for getting you home if you’re injured or fall ill abroad
- personal injury and cover for accidents or damage caused by you
- cover for lost or damaged items
- cover for lost or delayed baggage
- cover for cancellation or missed departure.
How much you pay for your insurance depends on the amount of cover you’re likely to need. You should never under-insure yourself just to save money. However, you may be able to keep costs down.
How to Choose The Right Insurer?
The cheapest policy may not offer the best value for money, so it’s important to check what the policy includes as well as how much it costs.
You can check what different policies offer and how much they cost by using an online comparison website. However, comparison websites usually only offer general cover. If you have particular needs, it may be better to find an insurer that offers specialist cover.
Where Can I Buy Travel Insurance for Pakistan?
You can buy a travel insurance Pakistan from any registered company in the world, your insurance company doesn’t necessarily be based or registered in Pakistan. The main point you should remember is that your policy cover should cover you for your trip to Pakistan. If you already have bought an insurance cover, then, in that case, you need to double-check with our insurer whether or not that policy cover travel to Pakistan.
Travel insurance is widely available. You can buy it from:
- insurance companies
- retailers and supermarkets
- travel agents
- online comparison websites
- holiday companies
Sometimes, travel insurance might be included as an extra service offered through your bank account or credit card. You should check how much you’re paying for this and what kind of cover it offers. For example, a cover may be limited to your spouse or partner. It might be better to buy a stand-alone policy.
Your travel agent may offer you travel insurance as part of a package holiday. You can opt for this if you want to but you don’t have to buy this insurance. The travel agent is breaking the law if they try to make you take it out or charge you more for your holiday because you refuse to accept it. If this happens, you should get advice.
List of Travel Insurance Companies In Pakistan [Contact]
The following is a list of travel insurance companies in Pakistan. You can contact them directly for pricing and other relevant information. Please note that we don’t have any business relationship with these companies and thus we don’t accept any liabilities including financial liabilities should you consider buying any insurance products from these companies. The following list of insurance companies in Pakistan is provided in good faith and for information purposes only.
Chubb Insurance Pakistan Ltd (Formerly ACE Insurance Ltd)